Analytical and Performance-Driven Tech-savvy Finance Leader having 11+ years of proven experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, and Senior Financial Analyst.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
- Played an important role in the development of Budget.
- Reduced Month-end closing from 11 Days to 3 Days by streamlining the process.
- Increased Interest by 45k on Operating Bank Account & HST Credit by 30k by detailed analysis.
Siemens Canada (Contract)
A Finance (Accounting) Leader for 10 different Service Lines & 2 Business Lines with sales >5 countries and >10k billings, managed, led, and inspired 2 team members, and reported Directly to Director of Finance.
- Mainly improved Financial Reporting, Periodical Closing, Consolidations, Budgeting, Forecasting (99% Accuracy vs. Actual), KPI Analysis, variance analysis & Ad-hoc reporting from scratch due to the merger of Business.
- Developed and improved Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual financial review packages for management.
- Increased Price by 30% of major customers based on customer-wise detailed cost analysis & found missing billings.
- Led in-house Implementation of Workday Adaptive for effective Budgeting, Forecasting, and actuals for effective management analysis & saved the cost of third-party consultation.
RDP Foam Industries
Reported to CFO about leading financial functions while managing, leading, and inspiring a 5-member team of Accounting and Finance having revenue >100M, Capex >15M, 4 centralized warehouses, 13 Retail Stores, Dealers >500 using MARG ERP and Excel.
- Led full-cycle accounting, periodical financial reporting, detailed budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, cost management, standard costing, inventory management, cost reporting, KPI Analysis, and scenario analysis on historical and projected business.
- Analyzed results & annual budgets and variances, trend analysis, and revenue review for organization growth.
- Performed Finance & Strategy planning, in-depth revenue analysis, supply chain analysis, Cash Forecasts, Account Receivables (AR) analysis, and Account Payables (AP) analysis.
- Reduced sales by 20% sales return by allocating ownership of sales return to departmental heads.
- Increased 12% profit by effective ERP implementation, oversaw requirements gathering, collaborating team, user experience, design of Internal Controls, drafting, training, and User Acceptance testing.
- Best Manager Award 2019 from CEO for the best performance and effective implementation of ERP.
Director (Trustee - Finance)
Board of Director, Culture Shock Canada
Mentor, CPA Ontario
Legal Quotient Consultants (Legal Firm), Toronto (Contract)
Played leadership role to supervise, motivate, and guide a team of 3 members for full ownership of full-cycle Accounting, Financial Reporting, of multi-countries operations & multi-currency transactions and reported to CFO.
- Oversaw full-cycle Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis of Canadian, and cross-border USA operations.
- Reviewed GST HST Filling and complied with CRA Audit, oversaw Payroll & tax remittance.
- Reduced Average Billing cycle by nine days and average receivable by 15 days by effective SOP implementation.
- Streamlined Accounting and Finance operations for effective and timely reporting.
- Implemented dynamic presentation using Power BI for better & effective decision-making for management.
Bipin Chandra Modi & Co. (Public Accounting Firm), India
Directly reported to Senior Partners and managed a diverse clientele of> 200, including manufacturing, SaaS, and service organizations, having a total turnover of $800M. Managed hiring & training of staff.
- Reduced 70% of clerical errors by Continuous Process Improvement of Accounting & Finance Operations.
- Best Performer Award for the best performance in terms of quality and quantity of services provided to clients.
Hirapara Kishor & Associates (Public Accounting Firm), India
- Managed bookkeeping, accounting and financial records processing, journal entries, general ledger, and periodical closing process, including adjusting journal entries and audit support.
- Worked on a 14-members team to collectively manage financials and accounts for 2000-clients’ portfolios.
MBA (Finance) + PMP
(Bachelor of Commerce) (Accounting, Business, Economics), VNSGU, India
Highlights of Achievements:
- Led in-house Implementation of Workday Adaptive by Developing Reports, Configuration, and Cost Centre, Providing Training, SOP Preparation, Documentation, and exporting of complex reports for effective Budgeting, Forecasting, and actuals for effective management analysis & saved the cost of third-party consultation.
- Best Manager Award-2019 and Best Performer Award from two of previous employers for the best performance.
- Generated 15% profit increased by driving ERP implementation, oversaw requirements gathering, collaborating team, user experience, design Internal Controls, drafting, training, and User Acceptance testing.
- Continuous Process Improvement of Accounting & Finance Operations which reduced almost 20% of clerical errors.
- Implemented active presentation using Power BI for better and effective decision-making for senior management.
- Increased Cash Flow by 10% by implementing SOP related to billing on a timely basis and better follow-up of clients.
- Streamlined accounting& financial reporting functions. Generated comprehensive reporting packages; coordinated complex transactions, financial reviews, and audits.